The foreigner is the person who does not have the Belgian nationality. The Foreigners rights are part of the Administrative Law . They determine the rules that are to be respected by the Administrations , such as the Communes, the Foreigners Service and the Administrative Boards (Board of Dispute for Foreigners, the General Directorate for Refugees and Stateless People and the Constitutional Council).
Persons who want to stay in Belgium for less than three months (for example, tourists or businessmen) can obtain a visa at the Belgian Embassies in their country of origin, the residents of the European Union do not require a visa.
For anyone wanting to reside in Belgium for a longer period of time, various procedures are foreseen.
Some members of the family of Belgian residents or residents from the European Union or some foreigners who already have a residents permit in obtain a residents permit in the scope od the reunification of the family.
The economical migrants, the students, the Stateless and the victims of a human beings trafficking can, under some conditions obtain a residents permit in Belgium.
A foreigner who has left his country of origin and who cannot return to this country without putting his life or his security in danger can benefit from a protection and obtain a residents per introduces a request for asylum.
He can also benefit from a subsidiary protection status.
The foreigners who are already on the national territory can obtain a residents permit for medical reasons. In the case of a short term illness it may be useful to introduce the request before entering the country. In the case of a long term illness, the permit obtained for medical reasons can become permanent after five years.
The last possibility for illegal residents is to introduce a request for regularization for humanitarian reasons. To be able to introduce such a request, they will have to prove that they cannot return to their country of origin to introduce such a request for instance because of their strong integration and the existence of a social network and the mastering of one of the languages of the country.
The foreigners who are legal residents in the country can gain the Belgian nationality.
Samir Baki has a wide experience in the field of the foreigners rights and maintains close contacts with the competent authorities.
You can contact us for :
- Counselling and assistance about your rights as a “foreigner without papers”.
- Counselling and assistance for the introduction of a request for residence in Belgium
- Counselling and assistance to obtain a visa for entering Belgium from abroad.
- Counselling and assistance about the possibilities of appeal after a refusal of a residents permit or of a visa.
- Counselling and assistance about the possibilities of gaining the Belgian nationality.
- Counselling and assistance when requesting a work permit or a work licence.
- Counselling and assistance when moving to Belgium by a member of the European Union and his family.
- Counselling and assistance against the removal or the sending back to the country of origin.
- Counselling and assistance when returning to Belgium
- Counselling and assistance when being radiated from his address
- Counselling and assistance when requesting a long term or permanent residence
- Counselling and assistance in the case of a long term immigrant status
- Counselling and assistance when appealing a decision of the High Court, a decision of the Board of Dispute for Foreigners or a decision of the Constitutional Council and against all negative administrative decisions.